I'm in a fashion program at UW (have I mentioned that?), and our assignment last week was to write our consumer insight and brand story. What do tall women shoppers believe? What do I want a tall brand to stand for? Well...I wrote from the heart, and it turns out my heart feels strongly about this subject. And the result? My instructor said I should either "soften" it a bit or make it a rallying cry. I choose rallying cry. :)
1. I believe tall women should be able to find fashionable, well-made clothes designed for their tall frames.
2. I believe I should be able to find clothes that reflect my personal style.
3. I believe I shouldn't have to compromise fashion for fit.
4. I desire options.
5. I desire to be recognized as a legitimate market segment that has buying power.
6. I want to feel stylish, elegant, daring, and comfortable in clothes that are made for women my height.
7. I don't want to wear clothes designed for women 10 inches shorter than me.
That's my tall shopping manifesto. I'd love to hear yours!